Monday, October 6, 2008

I finally did it.

Well, yesterday afternoon, when Lauren was in misery, I went through my biggest stack of old church notes.

It was as wierd as I expected it to be.

The most significant thought that I had was... how difficult it must be for men of God to preach God's precious Word week after week after month after month after year to the same sedentary lumps, and see relatively few results.

Maybe it's just me.

I know this is nothing new, thank you Solomon, people have been responding much the same way to God's Word since He began giving it, but it was an eye-opener for me to see how long it has taken me to get this far... I mean, I KNEW it had been a long, long time, but to see it in writing... !

I've said it before and I'll say it again, God is merciful, gracious, long-suffering, gentle, kind, and so faithful!

"Even though we be unfaithful, HE remains faithful... for He cannot deny Himself." I don't know the reference, but that's pretty close.

Thank you God, my loving Heavenly Father!

No comments: